For our most up-to-date guidance on the Coronavirus Pandemic, please monitor this page. Last updated 04/01/2022.
Social distancing measures
While there are no current lockdown measures in place in the UK, we are closely monitoring the ongoing situation so that we can adapt accordingly to ensure the safety of our customers and our metering partners.
As such, we will continue to operate under social distancing measures for the foreseeable future. This includes our metering partners maintaining a 2m distance wherever possible, as well as wearing full PPE throughout the entire duration of your installation.
Following the latest government advice, all metering appointments throughout Scotland are continuing as normal. If you had an appointment scheduled that was previously cancelled as a result of the pandemic, you should be able to rearrange your own appointment via your online account if you received an email from us previously about getting a smart meter.
If there is an issue with either your gas or electricity meter which is preventing the supply of energy to your home, please refer to the emergency section of our website here.
Last updated 04/01/2022
Rest of the UK
We are continuing to follow strict health and safety protocols to ensure the safety of our customers and metering partners.
You can read more about the steps we are taking to ensure safe visits below.
Last updated 04/01/2022
At So Energy, the safety of our customers and our engineers is top priority. Our appointments follow strict guidance to ensure the safety of our customers and team during every installation. Changes to how we work in your home have been guided by government advice and detailed risk assessments from our engineering partners, who you can read more about here. As a result, we will continue to carry out no-contact smart meter installations for the foreseeable future. This means that during the appointment, our engineer will:
- Observe safe social distancing.
- Wear appropriate PPE throughout their visit, inclusive of facemasks at all times when indoors.
- Wipe down any equipment they come into contact with using antibacterial wipes, inclusive of anything new they install.
- Call you on the day of your appointment to ensure that you’re still happy for the visit to go ahead. They’ll ask if anyone if your household is vulnerable or now self isolating.
- Talk you through the entire process, safety measures and confirm once again you’re comfortable with the installation going ahead.
For upcoming appointments, we ask that you give us a helping hand by:
- Letting us know as soon as possible if you or anyone in your home is vulnerable and/or self-isolating to ensure we don’t put anyone at risk.
- Making sure the area around your meter and fuse box is clear of obstacles to help speed up the process.
- Adhering to social distancing, we ask that you give our engineers adequate space to work.
In addition to meter installations, we are also conducting meter read visits. If you are on our priority services register (PSR) and don't have a smart meter, or have not sent in a meter read in the last six months, you may get a visit from one of our meter readers. You can read more about our meter reading partners here.
Any meter readers who may need to enter your home will follow safe social distancing and wear appropriate PPE throughout their visit, inclusive of face masks at all times when indoors. Meter reading visits are always optional and should you prefer, you can submit a reading using your online account or by calling us on 0330 111 5050. If you’re unsure as to how to read your meter, we have a guide here.
Our engineers will always attend emergency appointments and will continue to follow strict hygiene protocols to ensure the safety of everyone. If you have any questions around emergency appointments, please refer to our emergency FAQ section here.
I have more questions
If you have any further questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or call us on 0330 111 5050 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm). We understand that these are challenging times, so we are here to support you as much as possible.
For more information about booking a smart meter installation, or to find out more about smart meters in general, please view our FAQ page here or get in touch and we’ll be more than happy to help.
Last updated: Tue, 4 Jan, 2022 at 9:44 AMPrint this page
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback