For our most up-to-date guidance on the corona virus pandemic, please monitor this page. Last updated 18/01/2021.
In line with recent government guidelines on stricter lockdown measures, allowing only essential work on gas and electricity meters, we will be ceasing all non-urgent metering services and meter read activity across Scotland until further notice. If you have an appointment scheduled after 16th January 2021, we will be in touch to advise of the cancellation.
If there is an issue with either your gas or electricity meter which is preventing the supply of energy to your home, please refer to the emergency section of our website here.
Last updated 18/01/2021
Rest of the UK
In line with government guidance, all metering appointments are continuing throughout the national lockdown from January onwards. Our customers and engineers are the priority, with all appointments following strict health and safety protocols, which you can read more above about below.
Last updated 18/01/2021.
At So Energy, the safety of our customers and our engineers is our priority. Our appointments follow strict guidance to ensure the safety of our customers and team during installation. Changes to how we work in your home have been guided by government advice and detailed risk assessments from our engineering partners, who you can read more about here. As a result, we have now implemented no-contact smart meter installations. During the appointment, the engineers will:
- Observe safe social distancing.
- Wear appropriate PPE throughout their visit, inclusive of facemasks at all times when indoors.
- Wipe down any equipment with which they come into contact with antibacterial wipes, inclusive of anything new they install.
- Call you on the day of your appointment to ensure that you’re still happy for the visit to go ahead. They’ll ask if anyone if your household is vulnerable or now self isolating.
- Talk you through the entire process, safety measures and confirm once again you’re comfortable with the installation going ahead.
For upcoming appointments, we ask that you give us a helping hand by:
- Letting us know as soon as possible if you or anyone in your home is vulnerable and/or self-isolating to ensure we don’t put anyone at risk.
- Making sure the area around your meter and fuse box is clear of obstacles to help speed up the process.
- Adhering to social distancing, we ask that you give our engineers adequate space to work.
In line with our meter installations, we are still conducting meter readings. If you are on our PSR register or have not sent in a meter read in the last six months, you may get a visit from one of our meter readers. You can read more about our meter reading partners here.
Any meter readers who may need to enter your home will follow safe social distancing and wear appropriate PPE throughout their visit, inclusive of face masks at all times when indoors. Meter reading visits are always optional and should you prefer, you can submit a reading using your online account or by calling us on 0330 111 5050. If you’re unsure as to how to read your meter, we have a guide here.
Our engineers will always attend emergency appointments and be following strict hygiene protocols to ensure the safety of everyone. If you have any questions around emergency appointments, please refer to the emergency section of our website here.
I have more questions
If you have any further questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or call us on 0330 111 5050. We understand that this can be a difficult time, but we are here to support you as much as possible.
For more information about booking a smart meter installation, or to find out more about smart meters in general, please view our FAQ page here or get in touch and we’ll be able to help.
Last updated: Mon, 18 Jan, 2021 at 4:56 PMPrint this page
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback