If you have problems logging in and are getting a warning about your password being incorrect, this article will help you resolve that issue.
“Invalid email or password”
The most common reason is that the password might be incorrect, not to worry, we can easily change that! Another issue could be that the wrong email is being used, we explain how to solve that further down in this article, just click here to be taken that section of the article.
To reset your password, please follow the following steps:
- To do this first go to the login page and press the little blue link “Forgotten password” or just press
- This takes you to the following page, where you should insert the email you registered your account with. If you are unsure about which email you used, follow the instructions here. After this, you will see the following screen which indicates your email address matches our system and you will receive the “Reset your Password” email from us. If you see the following screen, it means you have submitted an incorrect email that isn't linked to your So Energy account. Please click here for your next steps: If this is the first time that you are attempting to log in to your So Energy account, it is possible there has been an error and your online account has not yet been created. Please contact us to resolve this.
- Go to your inbox for the associated email (Gmail, outlook etc), look for the subject “Reset Your So Energy Password”.
It should look like this: If you cannot find the email, look at the instructions below.
- Click the “Reset Password” button in the email. Please be aware that 24 hours after you receive this email, the link will expire, and you will need to request a new reset password email.
- Insert your new password, remember to write it down or save it in a password manager!
I’ve submitted my email but haven’t received the Reset your Password email
If after submitting your email address and seeing the screen indicating that the “Reset your Password” email has been sent to you, but you have not received it then there are a few checks you can do.
- Check your spam folder as it's possible the email has been incorrectly routed to that folder.
- Ensure you are looking in your correct mailbox linked to the email address you submitted.
If you are still unable to find the email from us, we will need to further investigate. First, we need to determine if you’ve previously received communication from us and if so, to which email address.
Please check your inbox for any communications that have been sent from us in the past - our emails are sent from ‘so.energy’ domain.
My Email was Not Found after submitting
There are a few reasons this might have happened:
- It is possible that you have mistyped your email address linked to your So Energy account. Please double check that the wording matches your exact email address. If it is then accepted, please follow the above steps.
- If you are sure your email address is correct and it is still not being accepted, please double-check that you have received any emails from us to this email address. If you find the correct email address, please follow the above steps.
- If you have logged in before and have received emails from us, we will need to investigate further, please contact us confirming the outcomes of all steps you have taken.
- If you’ve never logged in before it’s possible something went wrong when your account was created. Please contact us and we will resolve this for you.
Why does this issue happen?
This issue can happen if there were any errors in the email address you used to sign up with us. Your So Energy account will always have an email associated with it and your account will exist. These are all issues that can be resolved to give you the best experience.
Still an Issue?
Last updated: Mon, 10 Oct, 2022 at 11:12 AMPrint this page
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback