I'm moving out, can So Energy supply my new property?
If you're already a So Energy customer and moving home, you can take us with you. Just get in touch with us ahead of the move so we can arrange this for you. We will set you up on a new 12 month contract and early termination fees on your existing contract will not apply.
To make sure everything goes smoothly, we'll need to know:
- The last date you are responsible for the property (sale completion date or your move out date as agreed with your landlord or letting agency).
- If you know, who's moving in or who will responsible for the property once you've moved out. Landlord or letting agent details are also helpful.
- Your closing readings (on your move out date). It's a good idea to take pictures of these for your records, and agree them with your landlord, letting agency, or the new owners.
Unless specifically requested, we will transfer your full account balance over to your new property.
- Where you're moving to. We'll use your new address to let you know the current supplier of your new property, and check that we're able to supply the property.
- Move in date. It takes us 21 days to get your new property on supply so the more notice you give us the better.
- Whether you would like us to supply the gas and/or electricity.
- A bit of information on your new place (number of bedrooms, how it's heated and whether you'll cook using gas or electricity), this is so we can estimate your usage in order to work out your new payment amount.
- Your opening readings (once you've moved in).
All of these details should be submitted to us by completing this form.
If you give us fewer than 21 days' notice, we won't have time to take supply on your move in date, so your opening readings will need to go to the current supplier of the property, and we'll ask for readings again when we take over the supply. You'll then get a short bill from the current supplier.
Last updated: Wed, 14 Oct, 2020 at 4:45 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback