- TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is the Warm Home Discount Scheme?
The Warm Home Discount Scheme is a government initiative designed to support lower-income households through the winter. If you qualify you will receive a one-off payment of £140 on energy bills.
Am I Eligible for the Warm Home Discount Scheme?
You can qualify for the scheme in one of two ways:
- Core Group, you don't need to apply
- Broader Group, you will need to apply
You qualify for the Warm Home Discount as part of the Core Group if you receive the Guaranteed Credit element of Pension Credit (even if you also receive Savings Credit). To receive your rebate from So Energy, you would need to be a So Energy customer before 5 July 2021.
Applications for 2021/2022 will open in Autumn 2021. The eligibility criteria that we have agreed with Ofgem (the regulatory body of energy suppliers) can be found on our Eligibility page.
I'm a Gas Only Customer
If you only have your gas supply with So Energy, unfortunately you do not qualify to receive the Warm Home Discount from us. Please contact your electricity supplier who will be able to confirm if you meet their criteria.
Can I Get More Information on My Eligibility Criteria?
If you need additional information on whether you qualify for the Warm Home Discount Scheme:
Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- If you receive Income-related ESA it must include support or work-related activity component to qualify for the Warm Home Discount under the Broader Group.
You can get income-related ESA:
- If you get the severe disability premium or are entitled to it
- If you received or were entitled to the severe disability premium in the last month, and are still eligible for it
- If you're in the support group for income-related ESA, you are entitled to “enhanced disability premium” and therefore automatically qualify for the additional criteria. Additional information on Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) can be found here.
Find additional queries on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page, fully dedicated to the Warm Home Discount Scheme.
Last updated: Fri, 10 Dec, 2021 at 10:31 AMPrint this page
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback